Friday, May 22, 2009

Not too tired to punch your effing nose in...

From Dear Abby:
DEAR ABBY: What do you answer when someone says, "You look tired"? I seem to get this a lot lately, and I know it's because I'm looking older. People may be showing concern, but don't you think it's a little bit of a downer? -- OLDER, NOT TIRED
DEAR NOT TIRED: Not only is it a downer, it's also rude. When someone makes that comment, simply reply, "But I'm not tired. I sleep very well, thank you." Then watch the person try to remove foot from mouth.

My usual reponse is "I am." and then I silently add "... of douchebags like you" in my head, but I guess this works too. I'd like to explain that I work 40+ hours a week, go to school full time, and try to maintain a relationship and some semblance of a social life ALL AT THE SAME TIME but that would conflict with #2. I'd also like to respond, "You look ugly", but I can't get fired quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment